Brookside Big Local

 

Minutes for Meetings held Monday 21st September 2015 at 19:00 until 20:00 – Open Meeting and 20:00 until 22:00 – Closed Meeting at Brookside Central in the Burnside Room.

 

Present for Open Meeting: Barbara Vandross, John Trubshaw, Helen Fairweather, Tina Rogers, Steve Thayne, Stuart Parr, Sam Smith, Arnold England and Nicola Anderson.

 

Present for Closed Meeting: Gillian Bailey, Sarah Durnall, Fiona Moore, Barbara Vandross, John Trubshaw, Helen Fairweather, Tina Rogers, Steve Thayne, Stuart Parr, Sam Smith and Nicola Anderson.

 

Apologies for Closed Meeting: John Edwards, John Maguire, Angie Wilson, Rick Shaw, James Loveridge and David Ottely.

 

Open Meeting

 

The carnival was briefly discussed as there are several people interested in this. It was discussed that community events can take 5/6 months to organise.

 

Attached is the minutes from the Meeting held by the Brookside Events Group on Friday 18th September 2015.

 

Angie has suggested that the Take 5 Cafe organise a BBQ for the Big Bang Event on the 14th November 2015. They'd require gazebo's for the event, it has been advised that these are available.

 

Madeley Print are printing the Flyers and Posters for this Event.

 

Dates for the Diary for Events and Upcoming Meetings are to be included at the bottom of these minutes for everyone.

 

Included in these dates are Steve and Nikki's Thursday evening meetings and proposed workshops.

 

Closed Meeting

 

Individual Introductions were made for new member Barbara Vandross.

 

Minutes from the meeting held on 17th August were approved. With 3 things still included and pending on the To Do List:

 

  1. Generic Postcard for BBL
  2. Arts/Music Sub Group minutes to be forwarded by Sarah Durnall
  3. Walls for the Children to use expressive art on. Permissions to be granted by Wrekin Housing Trust and Telford Bikes.

 

Procedures and Policies for Funding Procedures – Sam Smith's Procurement Procedure was discussed and a photocopy of this was handed out to attendee's.

 

There is currently no formal procedure in place for funding to be allocated for resident's community beneficial ideas apart from The Community Chest. The Community Chest has worked well, though time was agreed as a negative factor.

 

A new procedure was discussed and agreed:

 

  • Sam Smith will filter applications.
  • Ethics Committee comprising of 3 residents to rotate frequently.
  • Ethics Committee discussions to always be included on BBL Agenda.
  • Ethics Committee will agree small budgets for viable ideas upto the value of £500 and email all members of BBL Partnership of their decisions, members have 5 working days to respond if they disagree, should no emails of disagreement arrive after 5 days, then the funding shall be released to the applicant.
  • £2,000 for small funding ideas to be made available annually.
  • Larger commission/fundings will be a BBL Partnership member discussion at BBL Closed Meeting.
  • Sam Smith will chase recipients of funds for receipts/clarification/documented evidence etc for monitoring the value of the recipients idea for the community.

 

Website Update – A meeting was held on Friday 18th September with John Maguire, Tina Rogers, Sam Smith and Nicola Anderson. Tina would like it minuted that the BBL Group are very grateful to John Maguire for his hardwork and patience concerning this project.

 

The Website is live and a few things were”tweeked” on Friday. The Community Plan is now public, Agenda's and Minutes can be added once they've been approved by the Group.

 

Links to Facebook, pictures, history etc to be expanded. John and Stuart to collaberate with this.

 

A discussion on renumeration for John's work and expenses so far was discussed and agreed:

 

  • £136.00 for Website Software fees.
  • £300.00 for John's work so far.
  • £10/hour agreed
  • John potentially creating a CIC for Website Design/Programming etc was welcomed.

 

It was discussed that all future payments should be documented and agreed beforehand.

 

Brookside Big Local Insurance -  Gillian Bailey handed out a Charity & Non Profit Scheme quotation from Aviva Insurance.

 

It was discussed that this Insurance is necessary. Bouncy castles would not be included, however the companies who hire them out generally have Public Liability Insurance.

 

Gillian and Sam are going to call other companies for various quotations.

 

Brookside Events Group could come under this insurance and could possibly hold more than 6 events (what their insurance currently stipulates) per annum. This is to be discussed by the members of Brookside Events Group.

 

DBS Checks for Volunteers/Partnership Members – It was agreed that this would be good practice for the Brookside Big Local Group. Advanced level checks would be required, although voluntary, this would show that the group invests in it's members and volunteers.

 

This would be paid for by BBL and managed by SBPC, it's unclear how transferable these reports are. Gillian is going to investigate and do a costing report.

 

Definition of Roles within BBL Partnership – Stirchley and Brookside Parish Council hold BBL's Local Trust Funding where it is monitored and guarantee that the funding is being spent in accordance to the BBL Partnerships wishes.

 

There are clear instructions, policies and insurances for SBPC to support the BBL Partnership and volunteers.

 

It was unanimously agreed that the above procedures for funding propasals will be ahered too.

 

There is a clear line of authority, where queries can be forwarded to the Ethics Committee and Tina Rogers of BBL and Gillian and Sam from the SBPC.

 

Proposal for Brookside Big Local Co-Ordiantor Role -  This role will be a paid role with a realistic employment contract of 3 years, each of the 3 years to be clearly defined. A Scope of Role description was photocopied and handed to each attendee. This scope included projected salary and budget requirements.

 

It was univerally agreed that this role was required in order to push the main themes of the Community Plan can be progressed at a more speedier pace. The future aim of a Community Leased/Owned Community Centre would also be included in the remit.

 

Gillian and Fiona will work on a cohesive Job Description, Person Specification and Advertising specification.

 

Sub Groups Update – The minutes from the Local Trust Meeting held on the 15th September were handed out to attendees. These cover everything so far. Please let Nicola know if you require an emailed copy.

 

LTO Updates/Reports – Please find the attached email report created by Gillian and Sam from SBPC.

 

BIG Get Together – Please see Dates/Events for your diary listed below.

 

Upcoming Events – Please see Dates/Events for your diary listed below. It was also discussed that for the 17th October Networking Event that we should discuss as soon as possible, what we'd like to showcase to DY10 and other Big Local Groups.

 

Other Business - Brookside Central Room Names -  It was decided that all Brookside Street Names are to be placed in a bowl and chosen at random by residents, here are the results:

 

  • Main Hall – Brackenfield
  • Training Room – Burnside
  • Pop Up Office – Blossomfield
  • Meeting Room One – Blakemore
  • Meeting Room Two – Bishopdale
  • Youth/Community Room - Burtondale

 

Brookside Big Local next meeting – Monday 19th October – Open Meeting 19:00 until 20:00, Closed Meeting – 20:00 until 21:30ish at Brookside Central.

 

TO DO LIST

 

  • Sam to look at a generic postcard design for retrieving interested residents contact information.
  • Nikki and Steve to discuss an arts, music and crafts sub group and establish a formal code of practice/principles for this group. Minutes to be distributed by Sarah Durnall.
  • Permissions to be granted for Children's expressive art walls – Angie and John are currently finalising these details with The Wrekin Housing Trust.
  • John and Stuart to collaberate for linking the BBL Facebook Page and additional pictures/content/History, Steve can also assist with this.
  • Sam and Gillian to retrieve further insurance quotations.
  • Gillian and Sam to investigate transferable, online DBS checks and find out costs for BBL.
  • Gillian and Fiona to work on Role/Person/Advert for BBL Co-Ordinator, using the Arleston Role as a template.
  • Nicola to add Procedures for Signing Up new members onto BBL 19th October Agenda.
  • DY10 Networking event on 17th October to be discussed as soon as possible. All ideas to Tina/Nicola who will co-ordinate.

 

 

DATES/EVENTS FOR DIARY

 

  • 24/09/2015 – Arts/Music Meeting – Brookside Central – 18:00 – 19:00
  • 25/09/2015 – Brookside Events Group – Brookside Central – 09:30 – 11:30
  • 08/10/2015 – Harvest Festival – Brookside Central – 15:30 – 17:30
  • 17/10/2015 – Networking Event – Brookside Central – 10:00 – 16:00
  • 19/10/2015 – BBL Open Meeting – Take 5 Cafe – 19:00 – 20:00
  • 19/10/2015 – BBL Closed Meeting – Brookside Central – 20:00 – 21:00ish
  • 30/10/2015 – BIG Get Together – Brookside Central – 09:30 – 11:30
  • 30/10/2015 – Hallow'een Disco – Brookside Central – 15:30 – 17:30
  • 30/10/2015 – Pub Quiz – Brookside Central – 19:00 – 23:00
  • 14/11/2015 – Arts/Music Pre-Big Bang Event – Brookside Central – 17:00 – 19:00
  • 14/11/2015 – Big Bang Event – The Dip – 19:00ish onwards
  • Nov 2015 – Local Trust Annual Review – TBC
  • Nov 2015 – Local Trust Partnership Review – TBC
  • 01/12/2015 – Christmas Gathering – Brookside Central – 15:30 – 17:30
  • 03/12/2015 – Winter Wonderland – Brookside Central – 15:30 until 17:30
  • 10/12/2015 – Christmas Fair – Brookside Central – 15:30 until 17:30

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PrintEmail

Brookside Map